Monday, August 23, 2010

Photo update 2

Today is the day!

Happy Birthday, Kira!!!

I'm too tired to think, so writing about what made this weekend cray-cray is out, but I will let you know that there were some fun parts, some not-so-fun parts, and tons of squats... It was absolutely exhausting! And the madness isn't over yetI still need to finish up the remaining straight stitches (approx. 8 passes through the machine) and add the binding.

If all goes well, I'll complete the quilt at lunch.

If not... well, I guess Kira will still love me regardless!

Here are some photos from the madness that was this weekend:

Completed quilt top


Completed quilt back


Close-up shot of basting
(this was so much harder than I thought it would be)


Basted quilt (top/batting/back)


Close-up of the straight stitch quilting in process


I had to maneuver the whole quilt through my machine, btw


So this was my view for most of last night


Due to the limited space, my straight stitching isn't that "straight"


I'll try and take some more photos at lunch, once I'm done with the binding, of course.

All in all, I'm really happy with how it's turning out!

2 comments:

  1. Andy!!!! I ran across the email with this link when you first started and decided to check out your progress. Way to go!!!! I am very impressed with your mad quilting skills!!!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! It's absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete