Saturday, June 26, 2010

We might have a winner!

I found another pattern option, and I think I just might have to go with this one! Rita of Red Pepper Quilts recently finished a red and white Coin Quilt that is gorgeous! And the simplicity of the pattern really fits well with:

A) the time frame I'm working with for this project
B) the eclectic fabric choices that I have so far (let's face it, they're pretty random!)
C) the striped chair!

Another thing I've considered is that the straight line quilting technique will ensure that the quilt will be extremely durable---I don't want to give my niece something that won't stand the test of time!

After looking around for other photos of coin quilts, I discovered that the majority have a white or cream background fabric that is prominent throughout the quilt. Check out this coin quilt that Orange Flower made last summer. I think this is to help separate the colorful fabrics and add some consistency to the quilt. Not sure if I'll do that or go with Rita's unconventional pattern.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment